As a big box retail chain or large retail store, it can be difficult to keep up with fire protection regulations, maintenance, and inspections. That’s why it’s important to work with AIE, a reputable, national fire protection company that understands unique retail fire protection challenges and takes great care in managing each location’s fire safety with efficiency.
For decades, AIE has been helping U.S. big box retail and other large retail stores with reliable commercial fire protection and full-service life safety solutions, including inspections, inspection management, and 24/7/365 emergency services handled by in-house staff – never a third-party call center.
AIE helps big box and large retail stores manage fire protection efficiently while overcoming unique retail store challenges to keep customers and staff safe from fire and your stores operational.
Fire Sprinkler Systems
Fire Suppression Systems
Fire Alarm Systems
Fire Alarm Monitoring
Backflow Preventer Assemblies
Kitchen Hood Suppression Systems
Water Supply Systems
Emergency Lighting Systems
24/7/265 Toll-Free Emergency Hotline Answered by AIE Staff
No Third-party Call Centers
Have an emergency? AIE is the only single-source fire protection company that offers a 24/7/365 toll-free hotline, 1-888-AIE-PALS (243-7257), always answered by knowledgeable, friendly AIE staff, never a third-party answering service. AIE’s fast, one-call process calms the panic and gives you power over the situation.
Retail Store Inspections & Inspection Management
Large retail and specialty big box stores have countless fire hazards and safety issues that can become a problem very quickly when not managed correctly. Faulty fire sprinklers, fire extinguishers, backflow preventers, and other retail fire protection concerns, when coupled with impromptu fire marshal inspections, can be stressful and costly. When your corporation works with AIE, these are no longer issues.
Our experienced inspection teams are proactive – we don’t wait for problems to arise before we address them. We ensure your big box retail fire protection systems are in working order and that each store meets OSHA, NFPA, ICC, AHJ, and other fire safety codes, so you can be confident that your stores will meet or exceed inspection standards.
AIE also acts as third-party inspection managers to create a bridge of communication between inspectors and your staff. Our team, led by a former fire marshal, knows the difference between what is required and what the inspector likes to see, which often results in quicker resolution at a lower cost and an enhanced relationship with local inspection authorities. Our approach ensures focus on the proper job, at the proper time, with the proper costs.
Our licensed fire technicians keep detailed electronic records and perform:
from quarterly to 20-year
Maintenance + Repairs
One call. One source. One Invoice. AIE provides the peace of mind of knowing your big box and large retail store fire protection systems will be managed by a single point of contact with simplified compliance, record keeping, maintenance, and overall life-safety.
Minimize fire danger, keep customers and staff safe, and add to the longevity of your business with AIE fire protection, coast-to-coast since 1983.
We Resolve Unique Challenges & Hazards for Retail & Big Box Stores
Your superstores, whether they’re full of general merchandise, groceries, and consumer staples or specialty goods such as electronics or DIY building supplies and appliances, have distinct fire protection challenges and fire hazards that are unique to the retail industry. These include:
- High ceilings and extremely large footprint/square footage
- K-factor automatic fire sprinklers with greater water density required
- Sprinkler water requirements can be 4 times greater than a traditional retail space
- Water supply and pressure must be adequate to meet the large capacity sprinklers
- Changing fire alarm monitoring codes
- Large crowds and high occupancy
- Highly flammable and/or combustible goods for sale
- Hundreds of hot lights and electrical displays
- A large number of fire extinguishers to be inspected/recharged
- Potentially overloaded electrical sockets/computers/scanning equipment
- Breakrooms with electric appliances
- Paper and highly flammable shipping/packing materials
AIE helps you manage and resolves these fire safety challenges and works with each store to inspect, repair, and maintain your fire protection systems, from coast-to-coast. We also keep comprehensive electronic records, which helps with accessibility of information, planning, budgeting, and compliance.
What Makes AIE Unique?
Much more than a slogan, “Stopping fire before it spreads,” is the very bedrock of our corporate culture, and serves as a constant reminder of the unwavering commitment to be a leader in all fire protection matters.
- AIE is one of the nation’s Top Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) Companies.
- Nothing competes with experience; we have 37+ years of longevity in the field.
- No other company is truly a single-source fire protection company. One contact. One invoice. One set of records.
- We have professional relationships with Fire Marshals and Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) all over the U.S.
- Our 24/7 toll-free emergency hotline is always answered by AIE staff, never an answering service – yes, even on holidays!
- We provide the best national fire protection services because AIE has developed an optimized, nationwide contractor network.
- We have our own in-house, licensed engineers who take a personal interest in your fire protection projects.
- AIE is known for helping clients drive down costs with knowledgeable decisions and bulk negotiated rates.
AIE provides swift action and expert, cost-effective fire solutions with integrity, so you can experience the many benefits of one retail store fire protection partner who specializes in big box retail facilities.
To minimize fire risk, achieve fire safety compliance, and efficiently manage fire protection at all national locations of retail chains, big-box stores, distribution facilities, grocery stores, warehouse club stores, and large specialty stores, contact us today for a no-obligation conversation. 800-892-9863
Contact AIE to Learn How to Protect Your Big Box Stores
Our fire protection experts are ready to help you protect, inspect, and manage your fire safety needs. Fill out the form below and one of our team will be in touch within 24 hours.
Get expert fre protection tips and information delivered
right into your inbox. Subscribe to our blog below.